War of Legend's Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vindictus

4 posters

Go down

Vindictus Empty Vindictus

Post by SkyDragon Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:06 pm

Hello everyone, randomly appeared from the skies above to share with you info on a game I've been addicted to for awhile now. This frigging game is responsible for me not logging into WoL these days purty much lol. Skyrim purty soon on top of that X.X

The game be called Vindictus and it is a FREE to play game. This wont be a review but I'll share some highlights the game features and a few sample vids like I did with Starcraft II. This game is sadly region bound but it is available in the US and it was just released in the EU has well.

First thing you'll notice (other then it being shockingly free) is that the game looks very good graphics wise yet does not require a particularly expensive PC to run it. It's know has a MMO but its more of an instance based action game. Basically you level up by killing things by your self or in a party with strangers or friends in various missions that are fairly linear with a boss at the end of it (ya know.. usual rpg stuff).

So the main attraction with this game is the combat. It's all real time hack and slash and you don't even need to use your weapons and skills.... just pick up any random thing on the floor n beat stuff up with it till it breaks lol. All the characters play extremely differently and its probably not something your used to (especially the mage).

Combat involves left clicking with your mouse for normal attacks, then using right click for a smash attack. Combinations of these will also trigger skills which you rank up has you earn AP points. That being said this isn't a button smasher game so you WILL die if you suck at it. It's a skill based game not your average WoW hotkey based clone.

At level 40 or so you can transform for 2mins to really own bosses with insane amount of damage at your fingertips. These are all very fancy looking and have they're own skill trees and earn exp separately. Like Dragon Ball Z lol... it also comes in different stages were you can become even more godly.

Early on you will notice it is a bit repetitive with the missions and bosses. They do recycle a lot of areas... I assume because its frigging free. But at higher levels you will start to notice a lot of variation in both missions and bosses that are quite challenging to take on even in a full party.

Lot more details I can share good n bad but the game is all about the combat and there is no better way then to show you.... so here are two random vids I recorded with its built in video recorder. These were very early level wise n I was just showing how the basic combat looks like for these two particular classes.

=Early Hammer Fiona Gameplay=

Info:This class is all about tanking and hitting things slow and HARD. Enjoy the flying Gnolls~

=Early Scythe Evie Gameplay=

Info:This class believe it or not is a mage and shes all about DPS.

=Paladin Hammer Fiona Stage 1=

Info:Hammer Fiona's Paladin trans against Hidden's boss. Note how quickly this raid boss dies, lulz.

=Paladin Hammer Fiona Stage 2=

Info:Pretty isn't it? =)

Do note that you can not switch genders and in depth customization you do have to pay for (that's how they pay the bills for the game). For end game boss fights it can get very hard (especially if you play has Lann), so you'll likely be tempted to buy power purty much. Apart from that bit of annoyance... the servers have been purty buggy lately so expect to run into party disconnects and long server downtimes at the moment. Hopefully that will clear up soon has it was good sailing when i started playing.

Vindictus is a lot like WoL is, in that its a korean game and nexon has to go through its devs much like jagex has to go through chinese dudes. So ya guys know the deal. Below are the links to the main site case ya interested and system requirements *nods*

=US Site Link=
=EU Site Link=

Minimum Requirements:
CPU: Single Core 2.4 GHZ
RAM: 512 MB
HDD: 5 GB
Graphics Card: GeForce 5600

Recommended Specification:
CPU: 2.5 GHz Dual Core or better
RAM: 1024 MB (1GB)
HDD: 6 GB
Graphics Card: GeForce 7600+

Farewellz
*poof*
SkyDragon
SkyDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Vindictus Empty Re: Vindictus

Post by Reiiin Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:50 pm

wanted to try this game so badly!
Reiiin
Reiiin
Officer
Officer

http://silvercorals.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valthonis 25 Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:37 pm

I guess im gonna try it Smile Friends list and all? And alliances?
Valthonis 25
Valthonis 25
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyDragon Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:32 pm

Aye, you get a friends list. You can use it to see who is online, offer assistance in they're mission (if they died or something like dat), see what mission they're doing or preparing, when they rank up a skill or level you'll also get a lil pop up on the corner of the screen. I usually tend to add plp i like when doing random daily missions with strangers... Nvr know who you'll run into with those things lol.

Indeed you can join alliances much the same way. 90% of the game or so you can just do with random people if ya host the boat for missions buuuut... later on you might want an alliance to help you kill the tougher raid bosses. Proper teamwork can mean life or death in some cases. That and people with a lot of money to spend on upgrading endgame gear and with decent enough skill to not die all the time. Course if your really are good enough and know a fight really well then you can potentially solo everything.

I'm in BluntForce for both servers in the NA side of things (I usually log on in east), just me n a couple of friends that rarely play atm buuuut you guys are free to join if ya wanna see what that's like. You don't get a whole lot out of it atm...

1. bonus exp when in a party with alliance members.
2. get your own chat.
3. get alliance name under your name while running around town n such.

annnnd that's about it. Ze game is mainly for the combat and you can play it has casually has you want. Log in kill a few monsters for the daily quest bonuses and log out. Or advance through the quests and fight everything there is to fight till you get your well deserved uber gear.

Playing Skyrim atm and soon Terraria when it gets patched sooo I'm not currently playing on Vindi atm so ya wont see me online if ya join my alliance. But when I am around I'd be happy to help ya out with any mission you have.

Last thing to note is... you start in a town with other players MMO style. It's separated by channels that you can freely change at will to meet up with people. But you don't have to do that for missions. Ya just set up a boat n it'll be posted on the missions board for anyone to join if ya made it public. Everyone in a party automatically has a place in the boat reserved. After everyone is ready you'll be taken to the mission map which is usually a linear fight your way to the boss sort of thing or raids which are usually some big strong thing ya have to kill.

Hope that answers your questions =) If anyone has anymore questions feel free to ask. I think I've played it long enough to know most things about it lol
SkyDragon
SkyDragon
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valthonis 25 Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:20 pm

Sounds awesome Smile Thanks for the info sky. Ive been downloading the West server for 10 hours now, so ill get on as soon as I can Smile
Valthonis 25
Valthonis 25
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valthonis 25 Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:35 am

Just created an account - Valthonis25 Smile
Valthonis 25
Valthonis 25
Admin
Admin